School News and Notes
Looking Forward to 2017-18!
We are very much looking forward to the upcoming school year at CPHS! Please watch your email, our Facebook page, and this website for important information as we approach the school year. The Student/Parent Planning Calendar is linked below for your reference and is also posted on the Students and Parents page of this website where it will remain posted throughout the year. The office is closed during the month of July and will reopen on August 1 for the upcoming school year. I hope you have a wonderful summer!
2017-18 STUDENT/PARENT PLANNING CALENDAR
Attention Athletes - Are you ready for the fall season?
The fall season is fast approaching! If you plan to participate in our athletic program you should make sure you are eligible BEFORE August 7. Here's what you need to know:
1. Do you have an MHSAA Athletic Physical Form (click here for a printable copy of the form) that was completed AFTER April 15 on file with the CPHS office? If not, schedule this with your doctor ASAP. It sometimes takes several weeks to get in to see your doctor - DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE especially if you are planing to play a sport that requires tryouts! The school is not permitted to allow students to participate in any way without an MHSAA physical on file.
2. Football practice begins on August 7 - all other fall sports begin on August 9.
3. All athletes must complete the Panther Participation Pass through the main office to present to their assigned coach BEFORE they are permitted to participate. The Panther Participation Pass ensures that the athlete has met all obligations and is eligible for fall participation. The CPHS office opens on August 1 to assist students and athletes in completing this task - again, DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE.
4. Participation fees are due prior to the season. Click here for the Participation Fee Policy and Form.
5. You can save money on the price of admissions to our home events by purchasing a Panther Athletic Pass. Click here for more information.
Don't forget to check the athletic website for all athletic information: comstockparkathletics.com. The 2017 Fall Athletic Newsletter is now posted to this site and has lots of information about the upcoming season.
Welcome Class of 2021! 8th Grade Student/Parent Meeting
The annual 8th Grade Student/Parent Meeting was Thursday, February 23. That's right, it's already time to start thinking about the next class of Panthers. Thank you all those who were able to attend. All of the information shared is linked below. Please don't hesitate to contact the high school office if you have any questions as you make the transition to high school.
CPHS Graduation Requirements
CPHS Four Year Educational Plan
CPHS GUIDING PRINCIPLES
DO WHAT'S RIGHT
OWN YOUR MISTAKES
TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER
" . . . the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."